Monday, February 13, 2012

Let's Talk About Valentines Day...

So... I've never given 2 fudge-cakes for Valentines Day. 

Even as a kid seeing all the red, white and pink made me feel nauseous. 
But now... for the very first time I've felt open to Valentines Day as if it were a holiday I had never ever heard of before. No sadness that I don't have a loved one to share it with. No jealousy that other people are happy. No FOMO* whatsoever!

*F.O.M.O. (Fear Of Missing Out.)

I think its okay to like Valentines Day and cater it to yourself! Instead of feeling lonely... you can use this day as an "I love my best friend" day and have fun with your friends! You can also use it as a day of hope and a day of possibilities. Instead of having expectations and feeling stressed or depressed. Just be happy for the ones around that have found love and just let your loved ones, family and friends know how much you love and care about them!

Or....

You can love yourself :) Use this day to treat yourself special. Tell yourself how much you love and care about YOU. Do something fun or different. Choose to enjoy yourself this day in every way you can! You don't need anyone else to make you feel special... It's important to give yourself love and positivity too! Choose something about yourself that you love and compliment it. Eat something you love, but also respect your body by not only eating unhealthy choices. It might sound silly but it's true. You, your body, your heart, mind and soul need love and there's nothing wrong with making yourself feel loved even if it's coming from you! 

That's all I have to say :) 

I just hope that instead of feeling suicidal, depressed, lonely, jealous or vengeful... you will feel love. Love for yourself and love for those around you...



Happy Valentines Day to all of you <3

xx
Emma Bunnie
( Y )
(>•.•<)
(")-(")o

1 comment: