Friday, August 19, 2011

Costume Play = COSPLAY!


Siren Gem
Growing up, kids are told they can be anything they want to be... While that's all very nice, it's also very untrue... Unless of course, you cosplay! 

COSPLAY, short for costume play, is the fun of putting together and creating a costume that exactly represents and recreates a character or idea. Mostly the characters are fictional, such as comic book or anime characters, but can sometimes be done of real people as well. 
A couple in Cosplay and I (not fully in cosplay) at the midnight showing of X: MEN FIRST CLASS
I love dressing up and making costumes, so of course I was drawn to the world of Cosplay! 
Creating, or re-creating a costume or character perfectly is my goal and I love it to death. 
Each time I make a costume, I do it with the intention of making it as close to the real thing as possible. 

Me as the Black Canary
When I do Marilyn Monroe, for example, I try to get everything perfect... Making my own dresses and the shoes have to be as close to the real designs as possible. 

.:.*.*.:.Marilyn Monroe.:.*.*.:.



In the case of Poison Ivy... I'm merely just getting started.
All of my creations start out at one level, then each year they get bumped up to even more accuracy.
This years poison Ivy, in my opinion, is just... alright... But next time... It'll be PERFECT!

.:.x.x.:.POISON IVY.:.x.x.:.
My first Ivy



When it comes to Emma Frost, I like to make this as perfect as can possibly be... Her name is Emma she's blonde with big breasts and she's considered to be quite cold... Making it very easy for me to identify with. I'm not the cold ice queen bitch that she is, but I just may be the only one that LOVES that about her character... But what I do share in common with her is that she is torn between being both good... and evil...
.:.*.*.:.EMMA FROST.:.*.*.:.

San Diego Comic Con 2009 (My first attempt)
Me as the White Queen Emma Frost at San Diego Comic Con 2011 





*Note how tan I am... That's all thanks to Accutane...

Next I plan on succeeding in creating this little Emma Frost number... Thank you Greg Horne, for giving me a challenge...

For all of the BEETLEJUICE fans out there... I've always wanted to be one of the Dante's Inferno she-devils. But it was almost impossible to find any photos of them or their costume at all. So I popped in the dvd, hit pause and took a picture on my phone. I got as close as, I think, I could to recreating the costume, so here it is!
Dante's Inferno Demon - Halloween 2010
()()
(**)
( __ )o

No comments:

Post a Comment