Thursday, August 11, 2011

PG-13 Horror... Too soft?

There's nothing wrong with a PG-13 horror film.

The MPAA's ratings make no sense anyways. James Wan's Insidious gave me about 5 million heart attacks! More than most R-rated films... What James and Leigh Whannell did was so simple, yet, extremely effective. Horror comes in all shapes and sizes. But I do love myself a good blood soaked slasher.

Haven't seen INSIDIOUS yet...?
Why the fudge-nugget not?!?

Grow some ovaries, make some popcorn, grab a friend and make them watch it with you! But do it with the lights off : ) It's better that way, I promise...

As a little girl, the violence in cartoons was quite shocking to me. I thought it was outrageous to see these animated animals or kids bashing each others brains and falling of cliffs with out a shred of consequence. I have absolutely nothing against R-rated horror films or cartoons, nor should they ever be censored. I'm not saying that at all. I'm merely posting to defend PG-13 Horror and that sometimes you just can't label or rate something in a cut and dry way. I've also never been a big fan of labeling in general so, there you go.

Horror should be available to younger viewers as well. Kids love horror too! It shouldn't be forbidden...

Though, I can't condone what this poor child went through for this music video... : (



I've noticed that over the last few years, parents are becoming much too overprotective when it comes to their kids being scared. I think it's important for children to experience fear. I'm not saying we should traumatize them, but if they become too sheltered from fear, it becomes too much for them to handle when they get older. Then where does that leave us?

That being said... I'm very excited (and terrified) to see Don't Be Afraid of the Dark!

*Lot's of Blood*

Emma Bunnie <3

No comments:

Post a Comment